Saturday, June 11, 2011

What happened?!

Remember that time I told you I needed to save money and that other time I told you I needed to drink less?

Turns out that all kind of went out the window Friday night.

I've been wanting to head back to Wellington ever since I went down for Siobhan's birthday- so this week I decided fuck it... there's nothing REALLY stopping me from going down again so why not just quit bitching an do it. Boy did I do the hell out of it!

So I picked up Toni straight after work Friday night and headed straight down and arrived at about 8:30. We had a room booked at The Mercure on Willis which we both thought was a sweet deal at the room was only $80 for the night- turns out there was a reason it was so cheap. Our room was basically a shoe box and if you had to use the bathroom you couldn't just turn around to leave- you kind of had to back yourself out. We reasoned that we were really only going to spend a couple of hours in the room anyway and most of that time would be spent in a state of total inebriation so we wouldn't really notice as much.

So we got ready and I managed to down a bottle and a half of wine to her half bottle- so the night was off to a good start. But from the taxi ride in the night gets a bit patchy- I can probably only bullet point the rest of my night- so here goes:


  • Humming Bird for some cocktails (where I completely embarrassed myself by going into their store room thinking it was the mens toilets)
  • Red Square to like the ice bar
  • Some underground place for 2x vodka and mokes (mini cokes- Yes we like to hybridise a lot of our words... the bitch at the bar didnt think it was so funny)
  • MERMAIDS - now I assume this is where the night got interesting and expensive... 
    • Round of shots
    • Stripper money
    • Motorboating
    • Round of shots
    • Motorboating
    • Stripper money
    • Asking a waitress if I get to see her naked too
    • Asking the girl on the bar if I could motorboat her too
    • Round of shots
  • Home (where aparently on the way we stopped at Garden Bar on the way and I fell asleep at the bar)
I wake up fully clothed at the opposite end of my bed on top of my blankets next to an uneaten Kebab- Toni tells me we didnt get home until 5:30am- It also turns out that I managed to get a strippers number that night as well. I must have been on good form!!!- We then spent the rest of the day wandering around the city trying to sober up enough for me to drive us back home... unsurprisingly we didnt get home until 5:30pm.

I bit the bullet this morning and checked my bank balance and after having $460 in there the night before- I was down to $38... thank fuck for the small amount of savings I have since I dont get paid until NEXT Wednesday! 



Toni and I at Hummingbird

No comments:

Post a Comment