Tuesday, June 21, 2011

WWF Reunion!

My weekend got kicked off to a good start when I met up with some friends from my old work place for a BYO dinner at Cafe Cuba which USED TO BE my favorite place to go out for dinner. I'm not sure if the service we got was a trend of the whole cafe or just a couple of new employees. I'm not really one to cause a fuss about customer service but since I've been living with Nicole she has pointed out many stark differences between the customer service one would expect in Canada and New Zealand.

We got there and a table had been set up for us inside- we had decided on the way that we would ask to be seated outside as we assumed we would get too loud to be seated outside... we were also relieved to have made this decision once we got there when we heard the young child screaming right next to the table we were supposed to be at. So I politely asked if it would be possible for us to move outside to the waitress that seated us. "Yeah thats ... fine" she replied hesitantly - keep in mind we are a pretty easy bunch to please and all if would take was for the waitress to move 6 knives and 6 forks from one table to another... not really rocket science. So we seat ourselves outside not wanting to cause too much fuss- I assume this is something the waitress didn't really count on because she look surprised to see out sitting outside when her and another waitress were bringing out out 6 knives and 6 forks having a very vocal bitch about us and the audacity we had to ask to be seated elsewhere...

STRIKE ONE


Strike 2 a) I ordered steak medium rare and was disappointed when I got this half-assed chewy kind of well done kind of not steak.
Strike 2 b) the bitch for what ever fucking reason gave me two forks and two knives- and not a fucking steak knife in sight

STRIKE 3- We weren't long finished out dinner and it wasn't near closing time and the staff started clearing tables around us and winding up wind breakers- subtle hint for us to leave?? I think so.

Suffice to say I won't be booking dinner there any time soon- thanks for nothing. P.S. your feeble attempts at making friendly conversation to compensate for the fact that we ALL heard you bitching about us was insulting. Next time just keep quiet and do your fucking job.

Apart from that - the night itself was a success- It was SO good to catch up with the girls. It made me realise just how much I missed them.

Awkward moment of the weekend has to go to Sunday evening when I got an email from a friend telling me that I had signed up for a drag show that I don't recall or even want to do- now I need to spend the week figuring out an excuse to get me out of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment